Monday, January 18, 2010

portion of an e-mail from Senator Klobuchar office:

First of all, I just want to make sure that all of you have emailed your information to the Department of State Haiti Adoption email address – AskCI@state.gov. When emailing DoS, please be sure to include all identifying information for your children, your contact information and the current status of your case.

Several of you received reports tonight that some children have begun to be evacuated from Haiti and brought into the U.S. through Humanitarian Parole. Our office has not received this information from the Department of State or Department of Homeland Security. I believe CNN was reporting this, and there were also updates sent out from a few orphanages. I have been trying to reach the Department of State Office of Children’s Issues this evening to see if I can get you more information about what exactly is happening. As you can imagine, they are incredibly busy working on this very issue so I have not received an update yet. As soon as I receive any information, I will let all of you know. I know they are working through the holiday weekend to work this out, but I also know that for you, the waiting parents, the work cannot happen fast enough.

Thank you for keeping me updated on anything you hear regarding the evacuation of your children. Please continue to do so. Also, let me know if you hear anything from the orphanages regarding the condition of your children. We are providing all of this information to the Department of State.

No comments:

Post a Comment