Friday, January 15, 2010

Here is another family and their story.

Hello Everyone:

When the earthquake hit, I was in the final stages of my adoption of two children (Mirlande and Dieurission). My children are at the New Life Link nursery in Creche, Haiti. I am pleased to say that all the children at the nursery were able to make it out safely. They are taking refuge in a nearby church. Unfortunately, the nursery was severely damaged. Currently, they are trying to move all the children to a safer location. Like all of you, I am gravely concerned about the health and safety of my children especially as food runs out and the supplies aren't replenishing as quickly as they are consumed.

I have been in contact with my congressman - Mike Coffman's office here in Colorado. His senior advocate has been helping me out greatly.
I have been waiting five months for their visas to be approved only to find out that my local USCIS office has not sent out the I-604 request to the US Embassy in Haiti.

Thanks for taking the time to hear my story. I will be praying that all of Haiti and ask that you do the same for me

Have a blessed day,
Tymesha Watkins

~Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. And enjoy your hot chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment